It has been a bit since I updated because frankly, I was disappointed and questioning why we were doing this. We started having a lot of issues on the rig and I just thought I would wait till most of them got resolved before updating. I knew things would come up but just like in s&b (sticks & bricks, aka house), “when it rains, it pours!”
So here is a list of things we have done lately on the rig:
-New wiper blade (driver’s side)
– Sealed the roof (found leak in the hallway)
– I cut off the skirts on the chairs and removed cover under couch. (Sorry if repeating about this)
– Patched screen door.
– Replaced sewage hose.
– Had to replace the relay (electrical problems that resulted in no main power from generator or house plug for about 5 days. Of course, those happened to be the days the RV got down to 57 at night. Long story short: extension cords, space heaters, heating blankets, unsccrewing walls to find electrical stuff, youtube videos, and lots of questions.)
– Replaced plug in kitchen.
– Filled up on propane since the heater was blowing cold (turns out we accidently turned off gas switch. We thought it was the gas detector. Fridge items kept getting warm.)
– Added Distilled water to Auxiliary batteries because they kept draining to Empty.
– Replaced the shower handles and shower head. It was leaking and we wanted a better one.
– Struggled with figuring out how washer/dryer combo works, how to turn on hot water tank, and other odd and ends.
Things that still need done are:
– Repair the hallway wall and trim that we ripped out due to leaks.
– Change oil in generator.
– Do tune up and check tire pressure.
– Replace black tank valve. (*Fun, fun!*)
On the bright side, we mostly have the living room with stuff and some other odd and ends in the house. We only have a little left to put in the RV. Only 10 days left before we have to be moved out. I am getting so excited! The stress of decision making about decluttering is dwindling. It is starting to all fall into place. It is getting late so I will leave you with two pictures of a new toy for our oldest.